Adopting Resilience, Fostering the Spirit of Creativity:
The Voices of the Fostered and Adopted ages 13 & up
We welcome submissions from Foster and Adopted Teens/Adults, in the performing, visual, and healing arts!
Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about participating in the Celia Center Arts Festival, slated for Saturday, January 23, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
Apply now through end of day on Monday, November 30th, 2015. Explore each of our four application categories below!
Categories (see below for description):
- Performing Arts
- Creative Arts
- Healing Arts
Artist Display is presented by Yoffe Therapy
For more information and to apply:
For all inquires please email email@example.com
- WHAT: An Art Festival consisting of Theatre, Fine Art, Photography, Music, and Healing Arts Workshops created by Adoptees and those who went through the Foster Care system.
- WHO: CELIA CENTER -Celia Center addresses the critical needs of the Foster Care / Adoption community by providing awareness, education, and support services to all members of the bio-foster-adoption constellation, including professional social workers, nurses, case managers and therapists via support groups, events, workshops and conferences. We utilize our innovative ideas, unique therapeutic interventions and national network of allies to create a safe and supportive environment to nurture and preserve strong, healthy individuals and families in any orientation or socio-economic status.
- WHEN: SATURDAY, JANUARY 23rd, 2016.
- WHERE: The Electric Lodge – 1416 Electric Ave., Venice, CA 90291
- PERFORMING ARTIST – Looking for 3-4 theatre pieces written & performed by foster and/or adoptees. Theatre pieces may be any type of live performance: plays, dance, and solo work only. Performance shall be no less than 10 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes. Technical aspects of performance shall be simple with easy load in/out. Performance will be provided with general lighting and sound capabilities. Performance will also be provided a stage manager to run show. Celia Center will publicize event as a whole, but each performance is encouraged to publicize their piece individually. With application, please also provide a .pdf of script. If theatre piece has been performed, please provide any files/links to videos, reviews, or anything you believe would be helpful.
- CREATIVE ARTIST – We are looking for paintings, sketches, photographs, sculpture, jewelry, any piece of art created by foster/adoptees “showing the experience”. Artists pieces will be on display in the studio exhibit. Artist may sell art to patrons under the stipulation that art remain in display throughout entire festival; arrangements for art pickup after festival will be arranged between artist and buyer. Along with application, please provide website and/or photos of or links to the piece(s) of art being submitted.
- MUSICIAN – We are looking for foster/adoptee musicians. Musicians will be performing throughout the day. Performances may take place in the lobby, in theatres before & after performances/workshops, in the studio (museum), as well as outside by entrance of the building.
- HEALING ARTS WORKSHOPS – Looking for 3-4 creative workshops centering on the theme of foster/adoption that encourage and challenge participants to use their imagination and foster their creativity. Workshops can vary from writing exercises to improvisation to collage/scrapbooking to shadow-puppetry to role-playing. Really the sky’s the limit on creativity, but we are looking for workshops that may first dip into the subconscious of the participants followed by a release. Of course, a safe environment is of the utmost importance! Workshops shall be no longer than 90 minutes. Along with application, please provide any needs the workshop may have.
For all inquires please email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your submission!